We are investing $23 million to reinstate the high dependency unit as part of the $114.6 million major upgrade at Modbury Hospital.
This upgrade is making sure that Modbury is a modern, functional local hospital, and is delivering:
- An expansion of the surgical floor to allow for more surgeries
- Development of a four-bed High Dependency Unit
- Eight additional beds created in an Extended Emergency Care Unit
- Co-locating the EECU with an upgraded 26 bed Short Stay General Medical Unit
- A new purpose-built 20-bed Palliative Care Unit to ensure patients are cared for in a suitable environment
- Relocating the Outpatients Department to allow more streamlined access in a more efficient location
- Updating the façade to modern standards.
Page last updated: 10 December 2019