We're delivering better health services for regional South Australians:
- Elective surgery waiting list halved,
- Backlog of maintenance at country hospitals is being cleared and upgrades are underway at Murray Bridge, Mount Gambier and Whyalla hospitals,
- More chemotherapy services in regional areas,
- Six regional local health networks established with independent boards, putting regional communities back in charge of their health care,
- More support through the Patient Assistance Transport Scheme, reducing red tape and making the scheme more accessible,
- The number of junior doctors training in country hospitals have more than doubled, and
- The SA Healthy Towns Challenge has been launched - an initiative that funds preventative health projects in regional areas.